Saturday, June 29, 10am-3pm
402 Pulpit Rock Road
Enjoy an English garden party, tea and home tour at one of the most beautiful private properties in Cape Elizabeth - Garrison Field. This property was modeled after a spectacular English Tudor-style estate. Stroll the grounds and shore, take a guided home tour, and relax with a “spot of tea” and variety of performers. Tickets $25 with advance registration recommended as tickets tend to sell out quickly. Or extend your day with a VIP package. Parking at Cape Elizabeth High School with vans running regularly.
VIP Packages transport you to the Cotswolds for a day.
Delve into English life with a full day pass including workshops, reserved parking, English Fare, and home and garden tours with the owners. VIP Packages are available for $50 with advance registration. There may be limited workshop spaces on the day of event.
The following scheduled workshops are available with the VIP package.
- English Landscape Architecture: Ted Carter, Inspired Landscapes
- English Floral Design: Susan Betz, Whole Foods Market
- English Tea: Gretchen Dittmer, Whole Foods Market
- English Cheeses & Sherry: Shannon Tallman, Whole Foods Market
For additional information, check out the Garden Tour FAQ page.
Join us for a spot of tea and English fare in the Veranda Tent
Savory snacks will include scones and baguettes with assorted preserves, fruits, sweets, and tea and cold drinks.
Garden and Home Tour Etiquette:
Docents will be available in the house and gardens to answer questions and guide visitors.
No smoking or pets on the property.
- Respect homeowners’ private spaces.
- Provide adult supervision for children at all times.
- Not all garden areas are handicapped accessible and there is a long walk to the shore.
- Wear proper footwear.
- Portable toilets are available on the property.
Tickets are will be $25 for Garden Party and Home Tour and are available at Whole Foods Market, Nonesuch Books Mill Creek, IGA Pond Cove, Jordan’s Farm Market, Broadway Gardens, O’Donals, Estabrooks, Skillins and Highland Avenue Nursery. Tickets will also be available day of the event, though they may sell out.
VIP Tickets will be $50 and will include a full day pass with workshops, reserved parking, English Fare Lunch & Tea, and garden party and home tour tickets.
Advance registration recommended.
Tickets can also be purchased online using your PayPal account or a major credit card. Simply click on the link below and you will be taken to a secure location where you can complete the transaction:
Parking and Transportation:
- Parking at Garrison Field is limited to those with accessibility needs and VIP ticket holders.
- Parking is available at the Cape Elizabeth High School parking lot with van shuttles running continuously.
- Be green! Walk the ½ mile from the CEHS parking lot to Garrison Field or ride your bike.
Directions to Cape Elizabeth High School: Drive South on Route 77/Ocean House Road from South Portland through the Cape Elizabeth blinking light, and past Town Hall and Pond Cove Shopping Area. The High School is on the right at the light.
To Garrison Field, 402 Pulpit Rock Road, from the Cape Elizabeth High School: Head south on Route 77/Ocean House Road. Take the first left onto Old Ocean House Road (across from Fowler Road). Take the 2nd left onto Pulpit Rock Road and Garrison Field is straight ahead.
This tour benefits The Arboretum at Fort Williams Park, a project of the non-profit Fort Williams Charitable Foundation. The funds generated will be used to create a series of garden landscapes within Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth, for the public to enjoy.